We have finally reached the end of another year and as usual, for me, it’s a time to reflect on how the year went and look forward to the New Year. 2011 saw us release a number of service updates:
- 3 Service Updates for CIC 3.0
- 1 Service Update for Dialer 2.4
- 2 Service Updates for Interaction Gateway
- 2 Service Updates for Dialer 3.0
- 2 Service Updates for SIP Proxy
We also saw the release of CIC 4.0 which was a fairly major undertaking. On all fronts, 4.0 showcases our ability to innovate and 2012 is the year where most of our customers will get to experience this innovation. So what makes 4.0 so innovative? Some of my favourites are:
- CIC is now a proper application server giving us the ability to virtualize it.
- Session managers can be regionalized just like media servers.
- Concurrent Licensing lets you configure more licenses that the system is licensed for.
- UI Improvements to Interaction Administration, Interaction Client and Supervisor gives a major productivity boost for day to day tasks. Some UI changes are simply jaw dropping J
- Proactive and Cradle to Grave Recordings. If you happen to click on the record button half way down the conversation, you will end up with the whole recording which is always nice to have.
- Interaction Supervisor is now part of ICBM so now one less application to install plus, you get all the performance enhancements provided by ICBM which is a bonus.
- Major reporting improvements. Too many enhancements to list but the key one is the new reporting engine which lets you drill down to details.
- No more workflows in Dialer 4.0 J
I can probably go on and on about 4.0 but that’s what 2012 is for J. Overall, we have had a busy year and there’s no sign of slowing down. Before signing off for this year, I am sharing my favorite quote:
“I don’t know what will happen next, I don’t know what I’m going to be, what I’m going to learn. But what I do know is this. Life, all life, is about asking questions, not about knowing answers. It is wanting to see what’s over the next hill that keeps us all going. We have to keep asking questions, wanting to understand, even when we know we’ll never find the answers. We have to keep on asking the questions”
So keep those questions coming J. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year