I recently had a conversation with a colleague about everything that happened in the contact center industry last year. We reflected on various conversations we had with contact center managers, customer experience professionals, business owners, vendors, analysts and consultants about the trends we saw in 2015. We came to this conclusion: contact centers around the world are in a state of shock.
Digging into this further, we identified five areas that the customer engagement industry will face in 2016:
- The increasing demand for customers to be supported across any channel of their choice.
- The competitive pressure to differentiate through an effortless customer experience.
- The rapid rise of the new, agile contact center and the evolution of the cloud ecosystem that supports it.
- The role that strategic technologies like artificial intelligence, big data, IoT and strategic planning play in the future best-of-breed contact centers.
- The inability of legacy, monolithic contact center solutions to meet the demands of today’s “anytime, anywhere” customer.
If you look at each of these, odds are that your contact center is right in the middle of at least one and you’re trying to figure out what to do. I’m guessing even more of you are struggling with two or more of these trends.
Here’s how we can help. On Jan. 26, I will be hosting our annual 60-minute Web event discussing the 2016 trends in greater detail. I will be joined by top industry experts who will share their insights about these trends as well as answer your questions. Joining me are:
- Guest speaker Art Schoeller – Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research
- Q&A panelist Sheila McGee-Smith – Founder and Principal Analyst of McGee-Smith Analytics
- Q&A panelist Don Van Doran – Founder and President of Vanguard Communications
If you’re looking for ways to prepare for 2016 and want to overcome the challenges your contact center is facing thanks to these five trends, join us as we provide you with the insight you need.