We’re happy to announce we have a new ebook available for free download on inin.com – (oops, a simple registration is required)
Hadoop the Shard!
How to evaluate a ‘True’ Cloud Platform
Many vendors can say an application runs ‘in the cloud,’ but there are significant differences between hosting a legacy monolithic application, hosting a multi-tier application, and running a system that can take full advantage of cloud scaling and resiliency.
This 19-page eBook is a summary of key cloud technologies written for anyone who is evaluating prospective cloud applications.
- What is ‘Built to Scale’?
- What are Microservices?
- How/When/Why does it scale?
- Public APIs, Service Contracts, and Security
- Big Data – Hadoop and the MapReduce Revolution
- Designed for Failure?
- Connecting to Data
- Measuring Everything
- What should be different in a modern ‘true’ cloud application compared to traditional software?
- Which features should you look for, and why are they important?
Download The Book – or search for ‘platform’ on the main site.